sherif June 2022 Workshop
Open Educational Resources: a viable solution?
This took place on 21st June 2022 - 13:00 to 16:40 via ZoomTwitter tag for the event : #sherifOERs
13:00 Welcome and outline of the workshop
13:10 David Prosser (Research Libraries UK) Lessons learnt: what a survey of the international OER landscape can tell us about next steps for the UK.
13:50 Kate Petherbridge (White Rose Libraries) White Rose Libraries: collaborative support for Open Educational Resources
14:20 Matthew Pauley (Middlesex University) Textbook Creation and Student Adoption
14:50 Break (20 mins)
15:10 Nicole Allen (SPARC) OER in North America: Successes and Challenges 15:40 Ken Chad (Consultant) OERs: a viable solution-for what? 16:10 Plenary discussion 16:30 Closing remarks and how to feedback 16:40 Ends
Slides and Links to Content
- David Prosser - Lessons learnt: what a survey of the international OER landscape can tell us about next steps for the UK
- Kate Petherbridge - White Rose Libraries: collaborative support for Open Educational Resources
- Matthew Pauley - Textbook Creation and Student Adoption
- Nicole Allen - OER in North America: Successes and Challenges
- Ken Chad - OERs: a viable solution-for what?
- Additional member places are free for this event
- Non-member rates are £80
- Maximum number of delegates is 70
- Any queries, please contact email@example.com
- sherif annual membership costs £105 p.a. (3 year offer of £290 for HE institutions)
- £52 p.a. for FE institutions
- “As someone new to the university environment I found it really informative.”
- “A good mix of presenters. I thought the plenary session at the end was a good way to draw together discussion points from the different talks.”
- "Online gave more of my colleagues a chance to attend"